As a requirement to the receipt of Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds for Sublette County
by the State of Wyoming Department of Health a community needs assessment is to be
conducted every three years. The goal of the 2023 Sublette County Community Needs
Assessment is to better understand the needs of people who are in poverty in Sublette County
The intent of the Community Needs Assessment was to find out the following:
▪ What is the extent of poverty in Sublette County that includes data specific to poverty
and its prevalence related to gender, age and race/ethnicity?
▪ What factors support the creation of poverty?
▪ What factors exacerbate the impacts of poverty?
▪ What services and resources are currently available to offset the creation or impacts of
poverty by providing a direct and/or supportive role in the delivery of CSBG services
▪ What are the gaps in services to the low income?
▪ What are the barriers to services? (i.e., knowledge, getting to the resources, childcare)
▪ What are the priorities for meeting needs of the low income in Sublette County?
To complete the Sublette County Community Needs Assessment a four-pronged strategy was
used in gaining information that included the following:
▪ Community surveys administered to low-income individuals and providers of services
to low income;
▪ Community focus group meetings at two locations in Sublette County including
Marbleton and Pinedale on November 10, 2022;
▪ Review of relevant quantitative data regarding the low income in Sublette County; and
▪ Dialogue on Poverty to gain additional comments from the Tripartite Board held on
December 19, 2022 on the results of the Sublette County Community Needs
Read the results of the Sublette County Needs Assessment survey below.